If there’s anything that I learned last time, it was that life was going to intervene, and I wouldn’t finish Round One. I discovered that I had sleep apnea, and dealing with that reality continues to occupy a good amount of my psychic energy. There are going to be more changes in that arena, I’m sure… and I’ll deal with them as they come.
But I’m inspired, seeing all my peeps (and tweeps) lining up for Round two, so I decided to give this another go. My goals fall into a couple of categories: building better life habits, creativity, and social media.
Better life habits:
- Housekeeping: Become anal retentive about turning off lights and shutting cabinet doors. Make sure that the kitchen sink is clean and shining every night before bed. Make up the bed every morning (yeah, I’m messy!)
- Walk at least 150 minutes/week. That’s 30 minutes/5x/week.
- Spend less than 30 minutes/day on Facebook – use a timer. Get out in nature more!
- Limit iPhone games to 20 min/day. Use the timer!
- Finish plotting out my first draft, and finish it, if possible.
- Spend time every day with the How To Think Sideways course.
- Practice the flute at least 15 minutes/day (after all, it is my main job!)
- Finish the scarf I’m knitting, and start my mask-making project.
- Write one new non-row80 blogpost/week.
- Check in to Row80 on Sunday (this post, on a Friday, will count for Sunday, as I’ll be celebrating the holiday)
- Be on twitter 4 days/week
- Get together with local writer tweeps at least once/month.
I’m cutting back on social media, because I don’t see it as practical for me right now. It’s eating into my writing and studying time, and my Facebook time is mostly sharing photos with friends – not the best use of my time, even if it does bond us together. I think that this list is do-able for where I am in my life at this time.
Thanks for reading!